Irate & Chloe's First Day of School

January 09, 2018 2 Comments A+ a-


Irate & Chloe's First Day of School

You know what? I'm mad right now, and I can't even tell you why. It has nothing to do with Chloe, but I'm just so irate and even more irate about being irate because I can't talk about it. Life can be so damn demanding, frustrating, and the likes. I'm so tired of walking on eggshells around people, tired of being worried something I do (or don't do), do say (or don't say) will piss someone off and uproot my life again. That's all you need to know about my issue(s) for now.


So, Chloe's first day of school was today. We took her dad to work this morning, came home and played for a bit before getting her ready for school. Today, she was dressed in all "Frozen" including her boots. After she was dressed and I got her school bag together, she was ready to go "bye-bye." I was still getting a few things together, and she got mad and threw herself on the floor because I wasn't opening the door to let her go to the car. That's the picture I've shared at the top of the post.

Well, we finally get out the door and to the school. Chloe was excited to be there and kept trying to go through the double doors in the lobby to the main school hallway. She got upset when I told her she had to wait for the teacher to get her. When the teacher arrived, Chloe got super excited. They went through the double doors, and as soon as she figured out I wasn't going with her, she started to cry.

Me, on the other hand, I did pretty well. I didn't cry, but I found myself a little lost with what to do for the time Chloe was at school until my appointment later in the afternoon. Eventually, I decided to work on my project a little bit more, put away Chloe's clean clothes, and ran a few errands (kid-free).

Grandma picked her up from school today because I had therapy downtown. It sounds like her first day went very well. She ate almost all of her lunch, participated all day in class, and the teacher's report said she had a very good day. Grandma also told me that when she picked Chloe up from school, Chloe didn't want to leave. She dropped down to her knees a few times on the walk home all upset because she wanted to go back to school. Well, she'll get to go back tomorrow.


The teacher sent up a folder with a bunch of paperwork and information. Included was homework for me; a bunch of questions I had to answer about Chloe. There was an information packet on their special needs pre-k program, a daily progress report to sign, a project she did in class (shown above), and information about her IEP. My husband and I both read and signed her daily report so the teacher can see that we're both taking an interest in her education and learning experiences.

Chloe slept in her big girl bed again last night with no issues. I put her to bed a little while ago, and she's out like a light again tonight. This new bed thing seems to be going off without a hitch.

The next big thing that we'll be doing with her is starting the potty training process. She's already showing us some signs that she's ready by letting us know when she's got to go "#2 (haha)." That will be coming up very soon. I'm kind of eager and excited to see how she does with that.

The only other thing to happen today was pretty cool. I've been on a Starbucks kick as of late. When I went through the drive-thru and pulled the app up on my phone to pay, I was told I had a birthday reward (my birthday is tomorrow) and a free drink reward. Both of the awards gave free drinks. So I got one today, and I'll get one tomorrow (LOL). That double chocolate chip frappe is fantastic! I blame my sister, Destiny, for getting me hooked on those.


Well, that's all I have for today, maybe tomorrow will be better (mood-wise), and I'll have something interesting to say. Until tomorrow ...

I'm a stay-at-home mom, full-time college student, and my other things. I love to write, talk, read, play games, design graphics and websites, and a whole lot more.

2 comments

Write comments
April Magill
AUTHOR
January 10, 2018 at 1:06 PM delete

First off, regarding the first paragraph of your post... I know EXACTLY what that's like. And it sucks. I hate that feeling and I really hope your situation improves so that you don't have to feel that way anymore. :( I know how emotionally draining it can be as well, so just try to keep thinking positive!

Glad to hear that Chloe had a good first day and that it sounds like it wasn't TOO stressful for you or her. You'll get the hang of having that free time when she's at school, and feel less lost as the days go by. :)

That's my favorite Starbucks frappe also! I try not to have it too often though, lol. There's a place out here called Dutch Bros that has much better coffee, in my opinion!! I loooove that place. <3

Reply
avatar
Amanda Zimmer
AUTHOR
January 11, 2018 at 9:44 PM delete

I've found that I can actually get tasks that I've assigned to myself for school--on the three days she's in school--completed. So, that's kind of nice. I can plan out which assignments I want to do on those three days and have pretty much all my school work done by Thursday night with the except of maybe a post or something that can't be done until the last day of the class-week (Saturday).

That stupid Frappe is going to be the death of me and the death of our bank account. It's a worse addiction than cigarettes and costs more than a pack of cigs (LOL). I don't drink coffee and I try to avoid caffeine as much as humanly possible because it messes with my anxiety. So, I usually go caffeine-free on everything.

Reply
avatar