Happy Birthday To Me

January 10, 2018 2 Comments A+ a-


Happy Birthday To Me

I'm 31 Today!


Today was Chloe's second day of school. This morning went better than yesterday morning. When I dropped her off at school, she happily went with her teacher. The picture of Chloe above is at the school, in the lobby while we were waiting for the teacher. She waved bye to me and didn't even cry. However, when I picked her up from school, she didn't want to go home. She wanted to stay. So, she threw herself onto her knees and cried. Of course, I picked her up and carried her out the door and halfway through the parking lot. When I told her we were going home to see grandma, she was all smiles. 

While Chloe was at school today, I ran a few errands. I picked up a few notebooks for my school classes, as well as some dry erase markers for our calendar and my task board. On my way home, I stopped at Starbucks to pick up my birthday drink. I got that silly little (largest they had) Double Chocolate Chip Frappe that my little sister got me hooked on. Then, I went home.

My semester of school started today. This term I'm taking English 102, Introduction to Legal Studies and Quantitative Reasoning Mathematics. I lost my scholarship due to failing English 102 last term. I didn't fail because my grades were terrible. I failed because I missed the last 2.5 weeks of school because I was so sick I barely did anything and Didn't turn in any assignments for that class. So, I'm retaking it this term, but having to drop from four to three courses so that my financial aid covers my tuition and books. I'll be applying for scholarships soon, though.

So, today is my 31st birthday, and it's been a pretty good day overall. I cleaned up around the house this morning, took Chloe to school, ran some errands, got some school work done, picked Chloe up from school, and then I came home and started cooking dinner. By the time I finished getting everything ready, it was about 4:30 pm and I had to take Chloe and pick up my husband near Atlanta. Once he was in the care, he decided we were going out to dinner for my birthday, and we enjoyed some fantastic food at Applebee's with our little girl.

Something absolutely incredible happened while we were at dinner though. Our little girl has been having issues chewing and biting food, so we usually give her utterly soft stuff. For supper, she had macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, and broccoli! Then, she ate some applesauce. But, that's not even the best part. The best part about dinner was that she drank milk from a STRAW! For those of you wondering why this is such a big deal, it is a huge deal because she's delayed in speech and fine-motor skills. She only recently started talking, and she is three-years-old.

Another really significant milestone was met today when Chloe went "#2" on the toilet. I was on the phone talking to my friend CJ, and she walked up to me and said "poop." So, I figured why not. I walked her to the bathroom, took her diaper off and sat her on the toilet. She held on to me pretty tight, and I had my arm around her so she wouldn't fall in. Then, she did it! She pooped on the potty! I was so elated I yelled through the house to tell everyone. But, the dogs started barking like crazy animals, setting off the doorbell and scaring Chloe, so she starting crying. Poor kid, first potty experience with me and she got scared by the dogs. /sigh

We're going to be working on potty training now. It'll be nice to have Chloe potty trained before our trip in April. Though, I know it may not work that fast. 

I received several text messages, phone calls, Facebook messages, and other forms of birthday wishes today and it was terrific. I think about 70 people posted on my Facebook wall! I just want to say to those out there reading my lame life posts every day and those who reached out to wish me a Happy Birthday, Thank You! I really appreciate it, and I felt all the love today.

Well, that's all I've got for today. Until tomorrow ...

I'm a stay-at-home mom, full-time college student, and my other things. I love to write, talk, read, play games, design graphics and websites, and a whole lot more.

2 comments

Write comments
April Magill
AUTHOR
January 10, 2018 at 11:43 PM delete

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 🎂🎉 Glad to hear that you had a great day. And that you got taken out to eat, even though you cooked dinner first, lol.

Awesome day for Chloe! Congrats on both of those achievements. :) what's the trip in April?

Sorry to hear about the loss of your scholarship also, there should be an exception for certain circumstances but I know that's not how schools work most of the time. I wish you the best of luck in your applications for another one though!

Reply
avatar
Amanda Zimmer
AUTHOR
January 11, 2018 at 9:48 PM delete

Thank you, and thanks so much for the text message yesterday morning too! I really appreciate it and I'm glad you remembered! Chris completely forgot about my birthday and he even talked to me yesterday!

I was so excited about Chloe's milestones. At dinner, when she was drinking through the straw, I was having a party! My husband was like, "The whole restaurant doesn't need to know, so shhh ... " And when she reached that other milestone, I yelled through the house for everyone to hear, which initiated barking and then a baby sitting on the toilet crying (LOL). I was so damn proud of her though.

I haven't applied for any other scholarships yet, but I'll be working on those soon. Some of them aren't even open for applicants, a lot have deadlines that have passed already. So, I'll have to see what I can get for next term.

Reply
avatar