Birthday Brinner & Officer Training

January 14, 2018 3 Comments A+ a-


Birthday Brinner & Officer Traning

So, today was a pretty chill and relax kind of day. My husband and I played some World of Warcraft, I did some school stuff, and then around 3 pm, we had birthday Brinner with our family on his side. January is a busy month for us as far as birthdays are concerned. Chloe's birthday is January 2nd, my birthday is January 10th, and my husband's birthday is January 19th. Mix that in with our friends birthdays: CJ, January 8th; Nick, January 10th; Nacer, January 13th, and Jeff, January 16, and we just have so many people to celebrate!

CJ, Nick, and Jeff are in Charleston, SC. When my husband and I first met, we just to go to Charleston on my birthday weekend to hang out with friends and go out to dinner. That happened the first couple of years. Now, we can't afford that trip as often as we'd like. This year though, we all talked to each other on the phone or through Facebook. It's not the same as spending the day together, but it works.

From the moment I got up today until about 1 pm, I was taking notes on lectures for both of my classes and getting my initial discussion posts ready to go. This week is all about ideation strategies in English and the Judicial System in Intro to law. Let's fast forward to around 3 pm.



So, Brinner was terrific. My husband's dad grilled up some steaks on the grill (see pre-cooked above). His steaks are to die for; I'm not sure what goes into the rub on his meat, but it makes beef delicious. He uses the rub on beef and pork. My husband's mom cut up some veggies for the grill too. Overall, Brinner was amazing.

You might be wondering what the word Brinner means. Well, I'll tell you. Brinner is a term used for a meal that happens later in the day but isn't considered lunch or dinner. AND, when you don't eat breakfast that morning, we have Brinner. :)

At any rate, after lunch, we gathered around a cake and Chloe received three cupcakes (see picture at top) each with their candle. We sang happy birthday to the three of us, and then we had cake and ice cream. My little one is the only child I know who won't eat cake or ice cream. It drives me crazy.

Chloe asked for cake all week. When she finally got it, she wouldn't eat it. Chloe did eat a tiny bit of frosting off the top of one of her cupcakes. And, when she blew out the candles, she did so with her nose--YUCK!

After all the birthday stuff was completed, I got in the Discord Voice app on my computer and attended an Officer Training session with my Guild Master in World of Warcraft. I recently joined an active guild that spans 12 different servers. One of my friends, who used to be an officer of mine, recruited me into this new guild, and apparently sang my praises to the GM. Then, they convinced me to fill out an official application, put me through their Officer Bootcamp, and I am now an officer in their guild.

I spent the better part of my evening running around in Azeroth, talking to people in discord, and spending time with Chloe. It was a pretty chilled and relaxing day.

Until tomorrow ...

I'm a stay-at-home mom, full-time college student, and my other things. I love to write, talk, read, play games, design graphics and websites, and a whole lot more.

3 comments

Write comments
April Magill
AUTHOR
January 17, 2018 at 2:43 PM delete

First off, thank you for explaining what "brinner" means. Lol. I thought at first that you had just consistently made a typo for "dinner." :P I can honestly say that I've never heard that term before. Learn something new every day, huh?!

That's pretty cool that all three of you have birthdays in the same month! I can definitely see how January is a very special month for you guys. Mine and my husband's are almost exactly 6 months apart, so we never get to celebrate them together.

And I had no idea that WoW had such serious "roles." Haha. I know about guilds and stuff, but I wasn't aware that you had to go through actual training and all that. Granted, I've never gotten too much into guilds in SWTOR, other than just accepting an invite to join, lol, so I really have no prior experience whatsoever.

Reply
avatar
Amanda Zimmer
AUTHOR
January 17, 2018 at 3:56 PM delete

Usually, WoW isn't that serious (LOL). This is the first time I've been a part of a guild that goes through an application process, trains their officers, and all that jazz. In all honesty, I think more WoW guilds should do that. I've never played SWTOR (not even sure what that is, ha ha)!

Having all of our birthdays in the same month can be hard. Figuring out when and who to celebrate with and the likes gets tedious some times. But, we make it work and usually all do something together.

OMG, I had never heard the term Brinner until the day of the Birthday Brinner. I had to ask my husband parents what it meant. I figured people would want to know too so I described it. Nifty!

Reply
avatar
April Magill
AUTHOR
January 18, 2018 at 8:50 AM delete

SWTOR = Star Wars: The Old Republic. 😉 it's the MMORPG that I'm somewhat addicted to, thanks to the hubby, who of course does not play anymore. Lol.

Reply
avatar