Taking Notes Is Hard

January 13, 2018 2 Comments A+ a-


Taking Notes Is Hard

& We've Got Snow Coming

& Voldemort: Origins of the Heir Released Today!

I've spent the better part of today finishing up notes from the first three chapters of my Intro to Law textbook. Chapters 1-3 were the required reading for the week. The problem with note taking is that I often can't figure out what's relevant or not necessary, so I end up writing too much and hurting myself in the process. 

When it comes to the law, responsibilities, and duties of lawyers and paralegals, as well as other law-related things, I have the mentality that everything is essential. That is especially true for someone like me who is just starting out in legal studies. On the front and back of 31 pages of my 80-page, College Ruled notebook, I have written notes from the lecture, and the first three chapters of my textbook including key terms and definitions as well as diagrams and charts. Think about that for a moment, let that sink in. Keep in mind; there are 7.5 weeks in a semester (a total of 3-4 classes every 15 weeks).

I'll tell you right now, truth said, my writing hand is yelling at me. If that's any indication how the entire semester will go, I'm going to need another notebook and something for pain management!

At any rate, I finished off the week by turning all of my actual assignments in this morning as they were due tonight by 11:59 pm. The teacher for my Intro to Law class graded all but one of my assignments already, and I currently have 100% in the class. Go me, WOOT! The teacher for my other class hasn't graded any of my work yet, so I'll update you guys when I hear more.

On a different note, we're supposed to get snow this upcoming week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. I love snow, but only in moderation. I love it more when it snows, sticks to the ground for about a day or two, and then melts. All of my kids love the snow too.

Back in December, we got a small winter storm. We weren't supposed to get much snow. In fact, we supposed to get a dusting. By the time it was all said and done, we had about 4-5 inches of snow on the ground where I live, my step-dad got 7-10 inches (he's like 30 minutes away), and so did my mom and sisters. 

When the snow fell to the ground, it came down in big and beautiful flakes. It was Chloe's first snowfall, so I took her outside in it. I have a ton of pictures from that day. The shown below is my favorite one:


In the picture, Chloe is checking out the strange white stuff on her glove. I had to take the picture because she wasn't looking, and I've always found that candid photos are often the best pictures and moments. 

I am looking forward to the next snowfall. I'll get some use out of the winter jacket I just bought, I can take more pictures of my girly out in it, and my dog will have a field day because she'll be in her element.

I watched a pretty amazing fan-made movie on YouTube today! A film company called "Tryangle Films" produced a movie named Voldemort: Origins of the Heir. The movie was released today all over the world on YouTube around 3 pm EST. At 3:02 pm, the short film had over 10k views. I just rechecked the stats on it; it has over 1.2m views. I've linked the video in the movie title above. However, I believe you have to subscribe to their channel to watch it.

The film itself is about 60 minutes in length. For a fan-made movie, it was pretty amazing. A lot of time and money went into the project, and the producers had the backing of Warner Brothers (though, not financially). So, if you haven't watched it yet; DO IT! I will be doing a review of the movie sometime in the next week. Keep an eye out for that.

Until Tomorrow...

I'm a stay-at-home mom, full-time college student, and my other things. I love to write, talk, read, play games, design graphics and websites, and a whole lot more.

2 comments

Write comments
April Magill
AUTHOR
January 14, 2018 at 10:34 PM delete

Ah, I still haven't gotten a chance to watch the movie, but I will try again tonight when I go to lay down in bed. Hopefully I can get through it before passing out in exhaustion. Lol.

Just curious, what made you change to legal studies? I can relate to the note-taking difficulty. It's hard sometimes to get it all down and know what to jot down and what's not so important... I can see how it seems that everything in legal studies would be of some importance also.

If you get snow, you better send me pictures!! You know it's mandatory, for me to live vicariously through others with snow. =P

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
February 6, 2018 at 4:23 PM delete

I hate taking notes. But normally I get around the situation by doing a lot of textbook reading. Nonetheless, sometimes the textbook doesn't contain certain notes. However, luckily, that's normally not the case.

Reply
avatar