Productive Days Are Tiring

January 03, 2018 3 Comments A+ a-


Productive Days Are Tiring

As the title suggests, I had a pretty productive day today. I woke up around 9 am. After the kid ate breakfast, we migrated upstairs so she could watch Frozen and I could get some things done on the computer after we played some games and read a book.

I've been working on this ProBoards theme for a Harry Potter forum. I got most of the new profile layout completed in PhotoShop. The next thing I have to do is code it and put it on to the live forum. That should be easy enough (not) ... 

After I finished the designing stuff, it was lunchtime, so I gave the kiddo some mac and cheese with some green beans and proceeded to clean up around the house. I cleaned the kitchen, dining room, and living room. And, I even got in two loads of laundry. After lunch, Chloe took a nap, and I played around in PhotoShop for a while longer.

At some point, I took the time to write out a guide for an area of my Harry Potter forum, get my classes registered for next semester (starting January 10th), have a FaceTime conversation with my sister, and post around on some forums. I even set up a discord server with a ton of text and voice channels as a bonus for members of my Harry Potter site. 

Yes, yes, Harry Potter. I'm a total nerd. You'll either learn to love my obsession with Potter or hate it. Either way, when the site is ready for the public, you'll be hearing about it, and I'll share the link with you all. No worries.

Anyways, we (the kiddo and I) also made it to the grocery store and picked up some stuff for meals the rest of the week which brings me to the photo in this post. I made bacon wrapped, parmesan breaded chicken tenders for dinner. Of course, no meal is complete without mashed potatoes and some other vegetable, so I threw in some of both.

The meals I've planned out this week include Chicken Alfredo, Pot Roast, and Teriyaki Chicken and Rice. We're a family that loves chicken. Too bad my kiddo isn't eating solids very well yet. She has to stick to all the super soft stuff. I think she'd love my cooking if she could eat it.

After getting to sleep in for a little while this morning, all the running around and cleaning, as well as laundry and cooking dinner, I am super tired. Hence the title, Productive Days Are Tiring. 

Nothing fascinating happened today. Maybe tomorrow I'll have better luck, and you won't just get stuck with a horrid rundown of my entire day. 

On that note, I will write again tomorrow.

I'm a stay-at-home mom, full-time college student, and my other things. I love to write, talk, read, play games, design graphics and websites, and a whole lot more.

3 comments

Write comments
April Magill
AUTHOR
January 3, 2018 at 11:53 PM delete

Tiring or not, it's always good to be productive! :) sounds like you still had a good day overall.. Those dinners sound yummy as well. I hope Chloe gets there sooner rather than later!

And if every day was fascinating, you'd want those boring days back!

Reply
avatar
Amanda Zimmer
AUTHOR
January 4, 2018 at 3:07 PM delete

I can smell the Pot Roast in the crock pot now and it smells sooooooo good! Chloe is just taking her time and she'll get there eventually, we just need to keep working with her.

And you're right, fascinating could lead me to wish for boring days. :D

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
February 6, 2018 at 4:26 PM delete

You seem quite talented in web design, have you considered that as 2nd option if law doesn't work out. Nonetheless, of course, I'm sure law pays a lot more. Anyway, if you're into law you also have a good background for politics, or at least that seems to be the case. So many politicians were lawyers.

Reply
avatar