Snow Day

January 17, 2018 1 Comments A+ a-


Snow Day

Well, last night it didn't look like we were going to get much snow. Then, I wake up this morning to this. While it seems like there's not a whole lot of snow, underneath the stuff that's on the cement is comprised of solid ice. Combine the snow and ice with 14-degree temperatures and a wind chill of -1, and we have a snow day today.

The snow is beautiful, don't get me wrong. But, it is so cold outside that I can't even take Chloe out to play in it. When she got up this morning, I took her downstairs and told her to look outside. Since she's under the impression that else makes it snow, she got super excited to see the white stuff all over the place and immediately wanted to go outside. Unfortunately, we can't go out yet.

Schools all over Metro and North Georiga have canceled classes for today. Our county calls snow days Online Learning days. In fact, I was given a list of activities to complete with my kid. Of all twenty items on the list, I am to do two of the things with her and then email the teacher telling her what we did together. The older kids have school work they have to complete online and email to the teacher. So, in all actuality, it isn't a snow day.

My husband received a text message early this morning letting him know that his employer was opening at 11 am. When he left to leave for work, he got up towards the main highway and got another call saying that they were remaining closed for the day. So, he ended up not having to go to work. Everyone in our household is currently home doing their own separate things throughout the house.

The other two kids, Torrey and Wyatt, also have a snow day today in South Carolina. Sometime in the middle of the night, their school was closed for today. They currently have two inches of snow, and it is still falling.


Because my friend April lives in a part of California where snow is scarce, she lives vicariously through the rest of us. So, I'm adding an extra picture of snow for her since I know she reads my blog. The photo above has a name: Footprints In the Snow. I'm sure she'll enjoy it, and, maybe, she'll get some snow of her own soon. 

Tonight through tomorrow morning is supposed to be super cold which makes the possibilities for ice even stronger. Hopefully, some of this is melted, and the roads aren't too bad. Only time will tell.

Until tomorrow ...

I'm a stay-at-home mom, full-time college student, and my other things. I love to write, talk, read, play games, design graphics and websites, and a whole lot more.

1 comments:

Write comments
April Magill
AUTHOR
January 17, 2018 at 3:01 PM delete

Ahhhh!!! So pretty! Thank you for adding the extra photo for me! <3 I love it. And thanks for the wish for snow here also, but don't bet on it. :P I'm going to have to move out of Cali to get my own dose of snow every winter. :( But like you said, for now I will just have to live vicariously through everyone else who gets it. :)

As for kids having a snow day but STILL having to do schoolwork?!? That's crazy, I'm glad that our snow days did not have that stipulation when I was growing up!

Reply
avatar